This post may contain affiliate links to products that I recommend and I may earn money or products from companies mentioned in this post. Please check out my disclosure page for more details.
Whether you work in marketing, management, public relations, finance, or design as a consultant, you can be a one-person operation. You need the best credit cards for consultants for your operations.
That means you have to take care of everything, including picking up the phone and buying printer paper. While you can get a credit card without a bank account, it’s not ideal if you are running a business.
A company credit card, especially one with benefits, could be of use to you. You can guarantee you can always cover costs associated with your consulting firm by having access to a credit card.
We highlight the credit cards that, in our opinion, are the finest for consultants in this post. We do recommend you follow up with the card issuer to be 100% certain the benefits and perks are still in place.
Why Consultants Should Use a Business Credit Card
The majority of consultants send invoices to their clients, which means it could be weeks or even months before they receive payment. Having the best credit cards for consultants buys consultants financial time.
They still need to buy things, as do you, like that printer paper for the office supplies. The linchpin in between invoices can be a business credit card. A business credit card could be the answer.
However, a Mastercard, Visa, American Express, or another card can be used for much more than that. You can receive some very great benefits when you have a credit card that allows you to accumulate rewards points for purchases. A credit card for consultants can reward you for everyday business purchases.
Earn points for purchases you’d already made, including gas fill-ups and hotel stays. Sure, there are hotels that take cash, but you miss out on the travel rewards by not using business credit cards instead for business spending.
Additionally, you can accumulate enough points over time to qualify for elite status on your preferred airline, free nights at your favorite hotel, rental car discounts, gift cards, and other consultant-saving benefits.
And before you assume that you will pay exorbitant interest rates for a card like this, be aware that many business credit cards offer a 0% introductory APR for the first calendar year upon account opening, meaning you pay nothing to use the card. Naturally, you’ll want to settle your account afterward to avoid high annual fees and such charges.
The Best Credit Cards For Consultants
To help you save time choosing the best credit card for your company, we’ve reviewed the following credit cards for consultants, including those with the greatest rewards programs. You can leverage credit cards to build wealth for your company. Everything from elite hotel status to travel benefits and ongoing rewards, the following credit cards have you covered.
American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
Cash back is always a well-liked incentive because consultants often struggle with cash flow. The American Express Blue Business Cash Card may therefore be desirable.
- Earn 1% cash back automatically applied to your statement after earning 2% cash back on all eligible purchases up to $50,000 in a single calendar year.
- Additionally, a promotional offer of 0% on purchases for 12 months starting from the date the account was opened is available (after that, the variable rate is 14.74 percent – 22.74 percent based on factors determined at the time of account opening.) There is no yearly charge.
Divvy Smart Business Credit Card
You probably find that expense reports are a crucial aspect of your career as a consultant. We think the Divvy Smart Credit Card for Business is a fantastic choice for consultants because of this.
By merging corporate cards with free-cost management software, Divvy streamlines spend management. Also possible are incentives like: Depending on the payment choices, up to 7 percent of points.
It’s a fantastic alternative for organizations looking for a simple and affordable way to handle spending. Divvy allows admins complete control over employee spending with enforceable budgets if you have employees.
You won’t ever go over budget again, thanks to Divvy, which also helps you establish company credit and get rid of expenditure reports.
You must pay off all expenditures made with this credit card when you get your monthly statement. The yearly cost is $0.
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
Check out the American Express The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card if you host clients or buy regular office supplies for your business.
On routine business expenditures like office supplies or client dinners, earn 2X Membership Rewards® points. After $50,000 in annual purchases, 1 point is awarded for every dollar spent thereafter.
For a full year after the account is opened, there is no annual fee and no percentage applied to purchases.
The purchase APR is then between 14.74 and 22.74 percent, a variable based on your creditworthiness and other factors at account opening.
American Express® Business Gold Card
The American Express® Business Gold Card provides a fantastic way to accrue points and receive savings at your preferred merchants. With this card, you may earn 4X Membership Rewards ®points on the 2 specific categories where your company spends the most money each month—every other purchase earns just 1X point! The initial $150K from each of these three spend categories includes an additional.
Those rewards, along with other benefits, can easily make the annual fee of $295 worth it. The APR is 15.74% – 23.74% Variable.
Popular rewards credit cards include the American Express® Business Gold Card. For the two specific categories where your company spends the most money each month, you can earn 4X Membership Rewards® points.
For additional purchases, you receive 1X. For the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year, 4X points are awarded.
Additionally, you can benefit from the Welcome Offer: After making $10,000 in eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card over the first three months of card membership, get 70,000 Membership Rewards® points.
These benefits, along with others, can easily justify the $295 annual charge. The APR ranges from 15.74 to 23.74 percent.
Top Consulting Credit Cards For Travel
While there are some car rental companies that don’t require a credit card for rental, we don’t recommend this. Using one of the best credit cards for consultants as backup plan in case something goes wrong. Road warrior consultants would value credit cards that provide travel perks like Priority Pass and other airport lounge access, hotel credits, airline miles, and food vouchers, among others. Rental cars and free Wi-Fi are also valuable benefits.
Consider the following examples:
American Express Marriott Bonvoy Business® Card
If Marriott hotels are your first choice for business travel, consider the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card. Information on this card:
- Greeting offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points during a limited-time offer after making $5,000 in purchases with your card during the first three months of card membership.
- Ongoing benefits: Hotels that are a part of the Marriott Bonvoy program earn 6x points. 4x points are awarded for dining out at restaurants globally, buying gas in the United States, using wireless services directly from American service providers, and buying shipping from the United States. 2x points on any additional qualifying purchases.
- Free Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status when you use your Card. You will also be eligible for Gold Elite membership if you have used your Card to make $35,000 in eligible purchases in a calendar year.
- Get one free night every year following the anniversary of your Card account. Additionally, after making transactions totaling $60K on your Card during a calendar year, you’ll receive a second Free Night Award. At hotels that are a part of the Marriott Bonvoy program, awards can be used for overnight stays and one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points). There are resort fees at some hotels.
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card is a good option if you want to earn rewards for stays at Hilton locations.
- After making $3,000 in purchases with the Hilton Honors Business Card in the first three months of Card Membership, earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points.
- Ongoing benefits: For each dollar of qualifying purchases made with your Card, you’ll receive one Hilton Honors Bonus Point. 12X at Hilton portfolio hotels and resorts, 6X at U.S. gas stations, 3X at U.S. restaurants, direct wireless phone service purchases from U.S. service providers, direct airline or Amex Travel flight bookings, direct airline or Amex Travel flight bookings, direct car rental bookings from select car rental companies.
- Free Gold Status is available when using a Hilton Honors Business Card.
- When you use your Card for purchases totaling $15,000 in a calendar year, Hilton Honors will grant you a Weekend Night Award.
Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card
- Welcome offer: Earns 75,000 Bonus Miles as part of a limited-time offer after using your new Card to make $3,000 worth of purchases within the first three months of card membership.
- Rewards continuously: Earn 2 Miles for every dollar spent on qualifying purchases made directly with Delta, for eligible U.S. advertising in select media, and eligible restaurant purchases. Every qualified dollar spent on other purchases will earn you 1 Mile.
- Take an additional $100 off your subsequent Delta ticket by earning a $100 Delta Flight Credit after spending $10,000 on purchases with your Card in a single calendar year. This credit can be applied to future travel.
Best Credit Cards For Shopping For Consultants
Consider getting one of these cards if you frequently purchase at Costco or Amazon. Only the best credit cards for consultants will offer rewards.
Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi
The Citi Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card is an option if you frequently shop at Costco. Only Costco members are eligible for this business credit card. Rewards comprise: For the first $7,000 of qualified gas purchases each year, 4 percent cash back is offered, and then 1 percent. Restaurants and certain travel-related purchases earn 3% cash back.
All other Costco and Costco.com purchases get 2% cash back. 1% cashback is offered on all other purchases. Additionally, you’ll get an annual credit card reward certificate that may be used for money or goods at Costco warehouses in the United States, including Puerto Rico.
American Express Business Prime Card for Amazon
Customers that purchase on Amazon should think about getting the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card. It provides the option of extended payment terms or significant prizes. You decide when to redeem prizes that never expire. At Amazon.com and Amazon Business (U.S.) checkout, you can use rewards to purchase millions of items, or you can put them toward a future purchase on your statement.
- Upon being approved for the Amazon Business Prime American Express Card, eligible Prime Members receive a $125 Amazon Gift Card.
- With a qualified Prime membership, take advantage of 5 percent Back or 90-day terms on purchases made on Amazon.com, Amazon Business, AWS, and Whole Foods Market in the United States. On the first $120,000 in purchases made each calendar year, you will receive 5% Back; all additional purchases will only receive 1% Back.
- 2 percent is reimbursed at American eateries, American gas stations, and wireless phone services obtained directly from American service providers. 1% Cash Back for all other purchases. No yearly fee. Support your company with Amazon’s extensive assortment and American Express’s customer service.
Which Credit Card Is the Hardest to Obtain?
The American Express Centurion® Card, often known as the Black Card, may be the most difficult credit card to obtain because you require a special invitation from Amex to apply and must meet strict financial requirements.
Can I Get a Credit Card with a $10,000 Salary?
An income of 10,000 will only qualify applicants for credit cards from a very small number of lenders. If you wish to be eligible for these credit cards, your credit history will also be examined in addition to your wage. An acceptable credit limit is more likely to be granted to you if you have a high credit score.
Which Credit Card Do the Wealthy Use?
Weiss lists The Platinum Card® from American Express as one of the top credit cards for high-net-worth people. This card has a ton of benefits that make it sound too good to be true, but it also has a $695 annual fee, which is more than most other credit cards charge.
Articles You Might Enjoy Reading
- How To Qualify for High Limit Business Credit Cards
- The Best Credit Cards for Families
- How To Send Money Instantly with a Checking Account Number
- Buy Now Pay Later PS4 – Video Game Consoles
- How to Send Money on Cash App Without a Debit Card
- Can You Payoff a Credit Card with a Gift Card?
- PLS Xpectations Prepaid Visa Review: Policies, Card App