This post may contain affiliate links to products that I recommend and I may earn money or products from companies mentioned in this post. Please check out my disclosure page for more details.
Cash back apps are a great way to save money when you’re shopping online. All you need to do is download the app, find the store you’re shopping at, and start earning cash back when shopping! You’ll get a percentage of your purchase price back in cash, which can be a great way to save money on your online shopping sprees.
The best cash back apps for online shopping below are designed and picked based on ease of use and how much cash back you can receive using these apps.
Online consumers spent an additional $78 billion in online transactions with U.S. merchants in 2019 over 2018, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce’s quarterly retail e-commerce figures.
There is no question that online shopping and cash back apps for shopping (and even groceries) are here to stay. Using these apps is one additional way how to save money on groceries for families.
Below are some of the best cash back apps for shopping available.
The Best Cash Back Apps for Online Shopping
Check out our best cash back apps below for the best deals and the highest cash back rewards when shopping online:
If you LOVE shopping on Amazon, then this app is for you! Rebaid is one of the newer cash back apps for shopping.
- This app works exclusively with Amazon, and it is also possible to receive up to 100% cash back on certain products.
- The other great thing about this app is that once your purchase has been confirmed, the rebate process starts immediately.
- With their direct deposit service, you can receive your rebate deposited into your bank account within three days!
This is a huge advantage over some of the other cashback apps for shopping that exist. Additionally, this app could be considered one of the best cash back apps for Amazon exclusively.
If you use amazon prime pantry, check out our review on how does Amazon’s prime pantry work so you can supersize your savings.
If you like to help local small businesses, then you should use this app.
- This cashback app focuses on products that are offered by small businesses where they are paying a significant rebate (sometimes as much as 100%) for people to use their products.
- It’s a great way to not only receive a free or almost free product but you can also help out your neighborhood business as well.
And if the reasons above are not compelling you yet, another big advantage is that you can sort the rebates from highest to lowest on the website and in the app.
Therefore it’s possible to find the specific products that offer the full 100% cashback rebate all within a matter of seconds! Time saved, money earned.
Ibotta is another free cash back app for groceries and shopping. This rewards and payments app is partnered with over 1,500 brands and retail stores. You can use Ibotta for groceries, clothing, electronics, and general online shopping.
- Ibotta also has a browser extension where you can get cashback from the top 80+ online retailers that you shop at when you use your chrome browser.
- You can also use Ibotta when you shop in-store or online, whichever is easiest for you.
- A cool feature of the Ibotta app is you can also enable nearby offer alerts. The app will let you know when you are by a partner retailer that has an opportunity for cash back.
Be sure to check out our full Ibotta review.
Rakuten is one of the more mainstream cash back apps for shopping available. Formally known as Ebates, Rakuten is very common for online shopping.
- They offer a chrome extension to make shopping even easier.
- You are immediately notified if you visit a website that is one of the 3,500 partner companies to participate in the Rakuten cashback program.
- Some of these stores offer cash back of up to 40% from some of their products.
- The Rakuten app also works with in-store purchases as well.
Be sure to check out our full Rakuten review.
There is no question that online shopping is an extremely popular convenience for people nowadays. Swagbucks is another cash back app for shopping that offers rebates.
If you do a lot of shopping on Amazon, you definitely want to make sure you go through the Swagbucks portal.
- Just like other popular cash back apps, Swagbucks also offers a browser extension. When using the extension, you’ll know immediately if a product you are searching for qualifies for rebates (in the form of Swagbucks).
- Receive cash back in the form of gift cards or via Paypal.
- Swagbucks has paid out over $811,500,000 to members so far and hands out over $7,000 in gift cards daily.
Be sure to check out our tips on how to maximize your cash back amount in our Swagbucks review.
Paribus is another cash back tool that you can use to get refunds on items that you buy at over 25+ major retailers. Simply shop as you normally would, and make purchases. Paribus monitors the receipts in your email of items that you have bought.
When prices do drop, Paribus notifies you and helps get you the difference back. Think of Paribus as your personal shopping assistant.
- Paribus also monitors late deliveries from merchants such as Amazon to help you receive compensation.
- Paribus also monitors the return window available on return policies at stores, so in case you do want to make a return, you know how much time you have.
Check out our Paribus review.
InboxDollars is another app used to receive cashback from online shopping. So far, they have paid their members over $80,000,000 in cash and rewards.
- Signing up for InBoxDollars is free.
- You can earn an extra $5.00 once you confirm your email address.
- There are shopping deals for items such as clothing retailers, auto insurance, supermarkets, hotels & travel.
Cash back amounts generally range from 1.5% to 15% of whatever you purchase.
InboxDollars has won awards and has been recognized by Inc. 5000 for outstanding growth.
Check out our InboxDollars review.
MyPoints is one of my top five best cash back apps for shopping. It is a great way to cash in on gift cards or grow your Paypal account balance. Earn reward points from qualifying purchases made by shopping at your favorite stores.
- Can earn up to 40% back with every purchase at over 2,000 retailers.
- Can cash out points whenever you want for gift cards or into your Paypal account.
- Some of the retailers include Home Depot, Amazon, Walmart, and Groupon.
Dosh is a cash back app that might be one of the easiest cash back apps for shopping when it comes to ease of use. Simply link your debit and credit cards to the app.
Whenever you use those cards to make purchases, Dosh gets you cash back.
- You can qualify for up to 10% cash back in your Dosh wallet.
- You can transfer your rewards to your bank account, Paypal or donate to charity.
If you are worried about security, you shouldn’t be. Dosh offers multi and two-factor authentication, so your information is kept safe, and they don’t sell personally identifiable information.
9. Unique Rewards
Unique Rewards is another app that you can use to get cash back for shopping online for your favorite goods.
- Combine online coupons plus cash back rewards to maximize your savings.
- Each purchase made at the Unique Rewards store will earn you up to 50% cash-back on each dollar spent, rewarding store loyalty for you.
- Unique Rewards had hundreds of partner merchants available.
Check out our full Unique Rewards review.
Sign up here for Unique Rewards
10. Dollar Dig
Dollar Dig is owned by one guy and is one of the newer cashback sites with partnerships at over 3,000 stores.
This works similarly to Rebaid and Swagbucks. Dollar Dig also currently offers up to 74% cash back on some items.
- They offer a referral program, and sign-up is free!
- Dollar Dig also offers coupons and dollar dig coupon codes on their site for your favorite stores.
- Within 10 days, your cash back will show up as pending from Dollar Dig.
- You can cash out your cash back balance once you reach a $25 balance.
One great about this cash back app for shopping is that the user interface is really simple. Some of the cash back apps for groceries and shopping are really busy, and it can take some time to find the items you want.
That’s not the case with Dollar Dig. It is extremely simple and fast to use.
Sign up here for your sign up bonus for Dollar Dig
11. Mr. Rebates
This cash back shopping app has been around since 2002 as a way to save money while shopping online. There are a few great features that Mr. Rebates offers that are worth pointing out.
- Mr. Rebates offers an alphabetized database as a way to quickly search for stores that are cash back partners.
- You can also see the Mr. Rebates promotion codes and coupons that are available in the database per store.
- The database also allows a user to search for particular partner merchants and stores via categories.
- Their database is a huge time-saving function because you can sort through thousands of stores and offers within a matter of minutes.
Mr. Rebates also offers a cash back button for chrome browsers. You receive credit for your pending rebates on average from 1-3 days from ship dates or placed orders. Payment has to be requested either in the form of a check, PayPal, or gift cards.
Honey is one of the best cash back apps available for shopping online. To date, Honey has found more than $1.0 billion in savings online! Using online discount codes is one of the advantages of online shopping. Most of the time, these deals are for online purchases only.
The average annual savings to Honey members is around $126, according to the Honey website.
Honey has more than 17 million members and has also awarded more than $8 million to its members.
Additionally, Honey has a database of over 30,000 merchants that they partner with to offer discounts to their members. The average discount offered is around 17.9%.
- Honey offers a chrome plugin for easy use, so you instantly know when you’re shopping online and what discounts are available.
- One great feature of the plugin is that once you have selected an item, Honey will automatically search all honey promo codes to apply the maximum discounts available.
- You can automatically get the biggest discounts available with one click.
Honey also offers a droplist. If you’re looking to save money on products and practice frugal living, you should use the droplist. You can also add items to your droplist, and when promotion codes come up or the items go on sale, Honey will notify you.
You can also use Honey with items you find on Amazon to see if the Amazon price is the best price available online. Sometimes, Amazon doesn’t have the best price available.
The app for Coupons.com is one of the best cash back apps for groceries available. These coupons are ideal for a basic college grocery list for students on a budget. You can save your grocery stores to the app and receive free digital grocery coupons for items and brands.
- Receive free grocery coupons and deals at stores such as Target, Kroger, Walmart, and Dollar General.
- You can add hundreds of coupons on a lot of different products in one app instead of several.
How to use this cash-back app for groceries:
- Link your store membership or loyalty cards to your Coupons.com account.
- Add coupons with a tap to save seamlessly at the register. The dollars fall off at purchase.
If the store you shop at does not have a membership or loyalty card:
- Add the coupons you like and stores you want to use them at in the app.
- Submit a picture of your receipt after purchase.
- Once your receipt and purchase are confirmed, you’ll receive cash back in your PayPal account.
Check out our article on over 270 cheap meal ideas for families before you hit the grocery stores.
TopCashback has over 11 million members. It’s considered one of the fastest-growing cashback sites in the U.S. There are over 3,500 merchants, including Walmart, Best Buy, Groupon, GiftCards.com, E-bay, Restaurant.com, Overstock.com, Bloomingdale’s, and travel sites.
- TopCashback offers coupons and free shipping.
- It’s free to join and use.
- There is no minimum to cash out.
- Sometimes they run promotions where you can get up to 5% cashback on certain items.
Payment is made by either an Amazon voucher, Paypal, or your bank account. As soon as you request payment, it is processed. You don’t have to wait for the next payment date.
Tada is the online shopping portal offering the best deals and cash back. Tada offers a cash back rate of up to 20%.
This cash back app works the same way as the other cashback sites. You shop through the website and receive a percentage of what you spend back in the form of cash.
The payment options are:
- Gift card options
You can find coupons on the site for hundreds of stores, including Walmart, Macy’s, Target, Best Buy, Kohl’s, and more.
Signing up with Tada is easy. You simply enter your email and create a password. You can then start earning cash back when you shop at over 2,500 retailers. You can also refer friends to the site and earn even more cash back.
CashKaro is the ultimate destination for the best deals and cashback offers across the internet. It has a huge selection of top retailers in the U.S., like Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Target, Home Depot, and many more.
- They offer an extra bonus on top of the regular cashback percentage from the retailers — it’s called ‘Loyalty Bonus’. This bonus can be up to 10% of the amount you spend when you shop through CashKaro.
- Payment options include bank transfer or PayPal for all your earnings collected from purchases made via CashKaro, with no minimum payout required.
Drop is the cashback app that rewards you for the purchases you make.
- With the Drop app, you get 1% to 5% cash back in the form of points, which can then be used for gift cards and discounts on the brands you shop at the most.
- You can earn points with more than 100 popular retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Starbucks.
To start earning cashback through Drop, you only need to link your credit or debit card with the app. Then just shop at your favorite stores as usual — your points will automatically show up in the app after each purchase.
RetailMeNot is the ultimate destination for the best discounts and cashback offers. It has a huge selection of top retailers in the U.S., like Amazon, Walmart, Target, and many more.
- Their cash-back rates vary from 1% to 20%.
- You can find coupons on the site for hundreds of stores, including Walmart, Macy’s, Target, Best Buy, and Kohl’s.
- You can also get a bonus when you refer friends to RetailMeNot.
- Payment options include PayPal or Venmo for all your earnings collected from purchases made via RetailMeNot, with no minimum payout required.
Upromise is an amazing way to get cashback. With a free and easy account, you can start saving money on everyday purchases with just one click. Upromise offers a variety of ways to get cashback, such as:
- Online shopping
- Grocery store rewards
- Dining out at restaurants
To get started, simply link your credit or debit card to your Upromise account. Then start shopping and earn rewards for every eligible purchase you make. Once your rewards accumulate, you can transfer them into your bank account as cashback or invest in a 529 college savings plan. With easy access to these rewards, Upromise makes it easier than ever to save money for the future.
20. Checkout 51
Checkout 51 is a great way to save money while grocery shopping. The rewards for grocery shopping program allows customers to save money by providing discounts on groceries, health and beauty products, pet supplies, and more. With Checkout 51, customers can earn cash back when they purchase eligible items at participating stores.
- Customers simply upload their receipts through the app or website and redeem their rewards for cash back.
Not only does Checkout 51 provide discounts on groceries, but it also offers exclusive deals on top brands, which makes it even more attractive for shoppers. Furthermore, customers can also get access to special promotions from time to time. All in all, Checkout 51 is a great way to earn rewards for grocery shopping and make some extra cash.
Shopkick is an innovative mobile app that rewards you for completing simple tasks while shopping in-store. You can earn for in-store tasks.
- It allows you ways to earn points, called “kicks”, for simply checking in to stores and scanning barcodes of featured products.
- You can then redeem these kicks for gift cards from top retailers.
Additionally, Shopkick lets you discover new products and offers exclusive deals. With Shopkick, you can even get rewarded for referring your friends to the app. All in all, it’s a great way to make your shopping trips more enjoyable and rewarding.
Kashkick is an amazing reward and loyalty program that helps people save money while they shop or complete tasks.
- With Kashkick, shoppers can earn cashback on eligible purchases at more than 2000 stores, as well as get exclusive discounts, free shipping, and other great deals.
- You can also offer your opinion and take surveys as well for cashback.
It’s easy to sign up for a free account and start saving right away! Moreover, Kashkick also makes it convenient to track your progress and view your earnings all in one place. The best part is that you can easily transfer any earned cash back into your pocket with just a few clicks. So if you’re looking for a simple way to save some money while shopping online or in-store, Kashkick is the perfect solution for you.
23. Fetch Rewards
Fetch Rewards is a great way to get rewards for your everyday shopping. It’s easy to use and free to join! The only thing you need to do is upload a receipt of your retail purchases through the Fetch Rewards app, and you will be rewarded with points that can be used to redeem free gift cards.
- You can shop at any store that is within the app’s network, including major retailers like Walmart, Target, and Amazon. With Fetch Rewards, it’s simple to save money on groceries, household items, and more.
- Not only do you get rewarded with points, but you also get access to exclusive deals, discounts, and coupons tailored specifically for you.
Plus, once you become an active user of Fetch Rewards, you can start earning even more points by referring friends or family members as well as by participating in special promotions. With Fetch Rewards, it’s easy and fun to start earning rewards for everyday purchases.
Sign up here for Fetch Rewards
The Upside rebate app is an innovative way to save money on fuel and earn other great benefits, such as cash back at restaurants and stores.
- With the app, users can get cash back offers on every gallon of gas they purchase at more than 25,000 gas stations across the United States.
- The app allows you to easily track your spending and rewards you with up to $0.25 per gallon when you fill up your tank.
- Just upload your receipts, and the app does the rest of the work.
25. Capital One Shopping
Capital One Shopping is the ultimate destination for the best discounts and cashback offers. It has a huge selection of the top retailers in the U.S.
- It’s free to use, and you don’t have to sign up for any membership.
- The Cash Back amount varies from 1% to 20%.
- They have a Google chrome extension.
- You can also get a bonus when you refer friends to the app.
Payment options include PayPal or your bank account for all your earnings collected from purchases made via Capital One Shopping with no minimum payout required.
Sign up here for the Capital One Shopping
26. Receipt Hog
Receipt Hog allows you to scan receipts for rewards. It is the ultimate cash back app that rewards you for the purchases you make.
Take pictures of your receipts, and the app will reward you with coins that can be redeemed for PayPal payments or Amazon gift cards.
- The amount of cash back depends on the store but usually ranges from 1% to 5%.
- You can also get bonus coins when you invite your friends to the app.
BeFrugal is the ultimate destination for the best cash back rates across the internet.
It has a huge selection of over 5,000 retailers nationwide.
- They offer an extra bonus on top of the regular cashback percentage from the retailers known as ‘Bonus Cash Back’.
- This bonus can be up to 10% of the amount you spend when you shop through BeFrugal.
- Payment options include bank transfer or PayPal for all your earnings collected from purchases made via BeFrugal.
ReceiptPal is the ultimate cash back app that rewards you for the purchases you make.
- The app allows you to take pictures of your receipts and redeem them for either cash or gift cards from Amazon, Walmart, and other retailers.
- The amount of cash back depends on the store but usually ranges from 1% to 5%.
- You can also get bonus points when you invite your friends to the app.
29. Coin Out
Coin Out is the ultimate cash back app that lets you earn money for the purchases you make.
- All you have to do is link your credit or debit card with the app and then shop at the stores in the app’s network and get cashback in the form of coins which can be redeemed for gift cards or PayPal payments.
How to Use Cash Back Apps to Get the Most Savings
Every penny counts, and if you’re looking to save money while shopping, cash back apps are an excellent way to do just that. Besides being easy to use, cash back apps can quickly add up to a significant amount of savings over time. Here’s how you can make the most out of using cash back apps for your next shopping spree.
Do Your Research
Not all cash back apps are created equal! From percentage rates to whether or not the app is accepted by certain stores, there are a lot of variables to consider when finding the right one for your needs. Before downloading any new app, take some time and compare features as well as user reviews, so you know you’ve found the best fit for your lifestyle.
Make Sure You Can Use it at Your Favorite Stores
The whole point of using a cash back app is so that you can get rewards when making purchases at different stores. Before signing up, double-check that the particular app you have in mind is accepted by your favorite places. Many buy now pay later catalogs with instant approval also accept the apps, which can be great for the budget-conscious. Most popular stores will accept all major cash back apps, but it never hurts to contact customer service before making any commitments.
Combine Multiple Offers For Maximum Savings
Many times retailers and brands offer special discounts through their own online websites or apps. These offers can be combined with cash back rewards from third-party sites like Ibotta or Checkout 51. Additionally, some progressive leasing stores may also have the option to combine cash back apps with no credit check financing options. So if you’re planning on doing some serious shopping soon, then don’t forget to stack multiple offers together in order to get even more savings out of your purchase!
Use the App While Shopping Online
Using the app while shopping online ensures the highest level of accuracy and the most savings. Cash back apps track the purchases you make in real-time, so if you’re making a large purchase with multiple items, the app can make sure to give you the correct rewards for each item. Plus, the app will also be able to notify you when new discounts become available.
Cash Out Your Rewards Regularly
Most cash back apps pay out the rewards you’ve accumulated in the form of gift cards, direct deposits, or PayPal payments. Look for instant online check cashing apps to help you speed up the process of redeeming the rewards. It is important to regularly check the app and cash out the rewards you’ve earned so they don’t expire. Most apps have specific expiration dates for the rewards or a minimum amount required before being able to cash out the rewards. Knowing the rules will help you make the most out of the app and get the most savings!
Best Cash Back App Benefits for Shopping
One of the reasons why people like to use cash back apps for online shopping is because they offer other benefits that can make your shopping experience more enjoyable. For example, some best cash back apps give customers free shipping on their orders, which means that you don’t have to worry about paying extra for delivery.
Additionally, many of these apps also offer discount codes and other deals that can help you save money on your purchases.
Lastly, some cash back apps also reward their users with points that can be redeemed for gift cards or other prizes. So if you’re looking for a way to increase your savings while shopping online, then a cashback app might be the perfect solution for you.
Are There Any Restrictions on How Much Customers Can Earn in Rewards Through the Best Cash Back Apps?
While it’s important to consider all the factors when choosing a cash back app, there are some restrictions on how much customers can earn in rewards through the best cash back apps. Generally, these apps offer a percentage of the purchase value as rewards, but many also have upper limits on how much a customer can receive in total rewards per month or year. There are also limitations on check cashing apps that don’t use Ingo for mobile deposits which are the most common apps. Additionally, some apps may only reward customers for specific types of purchases or exclude certain categories of products from eligibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which App is Best for Online Shopping Cashback?
The best app for online shopping cashback depends on the retailer and the types of deals available. Rakuten is one of the most popular cashback apps and offers rewards for purchases made at many major retailers, including Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and more. Swagbucks also has a good selection of cashback options with participating retailers like Target, Macy’s, Kohl’s, Nordstrom Rack, and more. Ibotta is another popular cashback app that offers discounts from a variety of stores like Walmart, Amazon, Target, Kroger, Groupon, and more. All three of these apps have a variety of deals available, so it’s worth checking them out to see which one offers the best rewards for your online shopping needs.
How Can I Get Cashback from Online Shopping?
You can get cashback from online shopping by using the best cash back apps. These apps offer rewards and discounts when you shop online at certain retailers or stores, so the more you use the apps, the more money you can save. Some stores that accept Afterpay offer cashback rewards as well, so it’s worth looking into the different options available to you.
What Site Gives the Most Cash Back?
The best site for cash back is Rakuten. Rakuten offers up to 40% cash back on purchases from over 3,500 stores. It also has a bonus system that rewards members for shopping and referring friends. You can earn extra points when you make your first purchase or invite friends to join. Additionally, there are special promotions offering higher rewards and discounts. Rakuten is free to join and easy to use. All you need to do is sign up and start shopping, and then the cash back will be automatically deposited into your account. With its wide selection of stores, generous cash back rates, and additional bonuses, Rakuten is the best site for getting the most cash back on your purchases.
How Can I Get the Most Cashback?
To get the most cash back, it’s important to research the different options available. Check out the best cash back apps and compare the rewards they offer for the stores you shop at the most. Additionally, look into any special bonuses or promotions that you can take advantage of. Finally, make sure to use the app every time you shop online, so you never miss out on potential savings. With a little bit of research, patience, and dedication, you can maximize your cash back earnings!
By following these tips and downloading the best cash back apps, anyone can benefit from saving money when shopping online and earn money back. So the next time you’re looking for a way to save some extra money and earn cash rewards on your purchases, be sure to check out the best cash back apps and start earning rewards today!