This post may contain affiliate links to products that I recommend and I may earn money or products from companies mentioned in this post. Please check out my disclaimer page for more information.
If you are looking for the best cash back apps for shopping and groceries you are in luck!
There are many cash back apps that you can choose from today. Using cash back apps each time you shop online and grocery shop, can add up to substantial savings. Those savings can have a big impact on your bottom line and your family budget.
These best cash back apps for shopping below are designed and picked based on ease of use and how much cash back you can receive using these apps.
Online consumers spent an additional $78 billion in online transactions with US merchants in 2019 over 2018 according to the U.S. Department of Commerce quarterly retail e-commerce figures.
There is no question that online shopping and cash back apps for shopping (and even groceries) are here to stay. Using these apps are just one additional way how to save money on groceries for families.
Below are some of the best cash back apps for groceries and shopping available.
- 2 1. Rebaid
- 3 2. Ibotta
- 4 3. Rakuten (Formerly Ebates)
- 5 4. Swagbucks
- 6 5. Paribus
- 7 6. InboxDollars
- 8 7. MyPoints
- 9 8. Dosh
- 10 9. Unique Rewards
- 11 10. Dollar Dig
- 12 11. Mr. Rebates
- 13 12. Honey
- 14 13. Coupons.com
- 15 14. TopCashback
- 16 Save Money with Cash Back Apps for Shopping & Groceries
If you LOVE shopping on Amazon, then this app is for you! Rebaid is one of the newer cash back apps for shopping.
- This app works exclusively with Amazon and it is also possible to receive up to 100% cash back on certain products.
- The other great thing about this app is that once your purchase has been confirmed, the rebate process starts immediately.
- With their direct deposit service, you can receive your rebate deposited into your bank account within three days!
This is a huge advantage over some of the other cashback apps for shopping that exist. Additionally, this app could be considered one of the best cash back apps for Amazon exclusively.
If you use amazon prime pantry, check out our review on how does Amazon’s prime pantry work so you can supersize your savings.
If you like to help local small businesses, then you should use this app.
- This cashback app focuses on products that are offered by small businesses where they are paying a significant rebate (sometimes as much as 100%) for people to use their products.
- It’s a great way to not only receive a free, or almost free product, but you can also help out your neighborhood business as well.
And if the reasons above are not compelling you yet, another big advantage is that you can sort the rebates from highest to lowest on the website and in the app.
Therefore it’s possible to find the specific products that offer the full 100% cashback rebate all within a matter of seconds! Time saved, money earned.
Ibotta is another free cash back app for groceries and shopping. This rewards and payments app is partnered with over 1,500 brands and retail stores.
You can use Ibotta for groceries, clothing, electronics, and general online shopping.
- Ibotta also has a browser extension where you can get cashback from the top 80+ online retailers that you shop at when you use your chrome browser
- You can also use Ibotta when you shop in store or online, whichever is easiest for you.
- A cool feature of the Ibotta app is you can also enable nearby offer alerts. The app will let you know when you are by a partner retailer that has an opportunity for cash back.
Be sure to check out our full Ibotta review.
3. Rakuten (Formerly Ebates)
Rakuten is one of the more mainstream cash back apps for shopping available. Formally known as Ebates, Rakuten is very common for online shopping.
- They offer a chrome extension to make shopping even easier.
- You are immediately notified if you visit a website that is one of the 2,500 partner companies to participate in the Rakuten cashback program.
- Some of these stores offer up to 40% cashback from some of their products.
- The Rakuten app also works with in-store purchases as well.
Be sure to check out our full Rakuten review.
If you use my affiliate link you get $10 cashback bonus with your first purchase or at least $25 within the first 90 days of becoming a member.
There is no question that online shopping is an extremely popular convenience for people nowadays. Swagbucks is another cash back app for shopping the offers rebates.
If you do a lot of shopping on Amazon, you definitely want to make sure you go through the Swagbucks portal.
- Just like other popular cash back apps, Swagbucks also offers a browser extension. When using the extension, you’ll know immediately if a product you are searching for qualifies for rebates (in the form of Swagbucks).
- Receive cash back in the form of gift cards or via Paypal.
- Swagbucks has paid out over $415,000,000 to members so far and hands out over $7,000 gift cards daily.
Be sure to check out our tips on how to maximize your cash back amount in our Swagbucks review.
Paribus is another cash back tool that you can use to get refunds on items that you buy at over 25+ major retailers. Simply shop as you normally would, and make purchases.
Paribus monitors the receipts in your email of items that you have bought.
When prices do drop, Paribus notifies you and helps get you the difference back. Think of Paribus as your personal shopping assistant.
- Paribus also monitors late deliveries from merchants such as Amazon to help you receive compensation.
- Paribus also monitors the return window available on return policies at stores, so in case you do want to make a return, you know how much time you have.
Check out our Paribus review.
InboxDollars is another app used for online shopping. So far they have paid their members over $59,000,000 in cash and rewards.
- Signing up for InBoxDollars is free.
- You can earn an extra $5.00 once you confirm your email address.
- There are shopping deals for items such as clothing retailers, auto insurance, supermarkets, hotels & travel.
Cash back amounts generally range from 1.5% to 15% of whatever you purchase.
InboxDollars has won awards and been recognized by Inc. 5000 for outstanding growth.
Check out our InboxDollars review.
MyPoints is a one of my top five best cash back apps available for shopping. It is a great way to cash in on gift cards or grow your Paypal account balance. Earn points from qualifying purchases made by shopping at your favorite stores.
- Can earn up to 40% back with every purchase at over 2,000 retailers.
- Can cashout points whenever you want for gift cards or into your Paypal account.
- Some of the retailers include Home Depot, Amazon, Walmart, and Groupon.
Dosh is a cash back app that might be one of the easiest cash back apps for shopping when it comes to ease of use. All you have to do is link your debit and credit cards to the app.
Whenever you use those cards to make purchases, Dosh gets you cash back.
- You can qualify for up to 10% cash back in your Dosh wallet.
- You can transfer your rewards to your bank account, Paypal, or donate to charity.
- Earn an additional $5.00 for each friend you refer with a linked verified card.
If you are worried about security, you shouldn’t be. Dosh offers multi and two factor authentication so your information is kept safe and they don’t sell personally identifiable information.
9. Unique Rewards
Unique Rewards is another app that you can use to get cash back for shopping online for your favorite goods.
- Combine online coupons plus cash back rewards to maximize your savings.
- Each purchase made at the Unique Rewards store will earn you up to 50% cash-back on each dollar spent.
- Unique Rewards had hundreds of partner merchants available.
Check out our full Unique Rewards review.
10. Dollar Dig
Dollar Dig is owned by one guy and is one of the newer cashback sites.
- They offer a $2.50 sign up bonus just for signing up and sign up is free!
- Dollar Dig also offers coupons and dollar dig coupon codes on their site for your favorite stores.
- Within 10 days, your cash back will show up as pending from Dollar Dig.
- You can cash out your your cash back balance once you reach a $25 balance.
One great about this cash back app for shopping is that the user interface is really simple. Some of the cash back apps for groceries and shopping are really busy and it can take some time to find the items you want.
That’s not the case with Dollar Dig. Its extremely simple and fast to use.
11. Mr. Rebates
This cash back shopping app has been around since 2002 as a way to save money while shopping online. There are a few great features that Mr. Rebates offers that are worth pointing out.
- Mr. Rebates offers an alphabetized database as a way to quickly search for stores that are cash back partners.
- You can also see the Mr. Rebates promotion codes and coupons that are available in the database per store.
- The database also allows a user to search for particular partner merchants and stores via categories.
- Their database is a huge time saving function because you can sort through thousands of stores and offers within a matter of minutes.
Mr. Rebates also offers a cash back button for chrome browsers. You receive credit for your pending rebates on average from 1-3 days from ship dates or placed orders. Payment has to be requested either in the form of check, Paypal, or gift cards.
Honey is one of the best cash back apps available for shopping online. To date, Honey has found more than $1.0 billion in savings online!
The average annual savings to Honey members is around $126 according to the Honey website.
Honey has more than 17 million members and has also awarded more than $8 million to its members.
Additionally, Honey has a database of over 30,000 merchants that they partner with to offer discounts to their members. The average discount offered is around 17.9%.
- Honey offers a chrome plugin for easy use so you instantly know when your shopping online and what discounts are available.
- One great feature with the plugin is that once you have selected an item, honey will automatically search all honey promo codes to apply the maximum discounts available.
- You can automatically get the biggest discounts available with one click.
Honey also offers a droplist. If your looking to save money on products and practice frugal living, you should use the droplist. You can also add items to your droplist and when promotion codes come up or the items go on sale, Honey will notify you .
You can also use Honey with items you find in Amazon to see if the Amazon price is the best price available online. Sometimes, Amazon doesn’t have the best price available.
The app for Coupons.com is one of the best cash back app for groceries available. You can save your grocery stores to the app and receive free digital grocery coupons for items and brands.
- Receive free grocery coupons and deals at stores such as Target, Kroger, Walmart, and Dollar General.
- You can add hundreds of coupons on a lot of different products in one app instead of several.
How to use this cash back app for groceries:
- Link your store membership or loyalty cards to your Coupons.com account.
- Add coupons with a tap to save seamlessly at the register. The dollars fall off at purchase.
If the store you shop at does not have a membership or loyalty card:
- Add the coupons you like and stores you want to use them at in the app.
- Submit a picture of your receipt after purchase.
- Once your receipt and purchase is confirmed, you’ll receive cash back in your PayPal account.
Check out our article on over 270 cheap meal ideas for families before you hit the grocery stores.
TopCashback has over 11 million members. It’s considered one of the fastest growing cashback sites in the US. There are over 3,500 merchants including Walmart, Best Buy, Groupon, GiftCards.com, E-bay, Restaurant.com, Overstock.com, Bloomingdale’s and travel sites.
- TopCashback offers coupons and free shipping.
- It’s free to join and use.
- There is no minimum to cash out.
- Sometimes they run promotions where you can get up to 5% cashback on certain items.
Payment is made by either an Amazon voucher, Paypal, or your bank account. As soon as you request payment, it is processed. You don’t have to wait for the next payment date.
Save Money with Cash Back Apps for Shopping & Groceries
There is no question that using cash back apps for shopping and grocery purchases can save a significant amount of money for your family. You can use these cash back apps in many different ways.
You can use rebaid to receive up to 100% rebates and cash back opportunities on Amazon purchases.
Similarly, you can use other cash back apps such as Ibotta for Ibotta promo codes to reap even more savings.
Whichever path you choose for savings, these cash back apps are some of the best and most popular available. If your looking for the best cash back apps for shopping and groceries, you can’t go wrong using any of these.